Roland S. Barnes is the Senior Pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church, Statesboro, Georgia. He was organizing pastor of this church body which began as a mission in April of 1981 and was organized in February 1984. Roland is married to his wife of 40 years, Peaches, and has seven grandchildren.
In addition to leading Trinity Presbyterian Church as Senior Pastor, Roland has served the Presbyterian Church in America in the following capacities:
- Chairman of a Judicial Commission appointed by the Assembly meeting in Norfolk
- Secretary of the General Assembly Mission to North America Committee, 1997-2001
- Chairman of the Mission to North America Committee of Central Georgia Presbytery
- General Assembly Ad-Hoc committee to study Church/State Issues
- Oversight commissions for the organization of Golden Isles Presbyterian Church (St. Simons Island, GA), Grace Church of the Islands (Savannah, GA), Kirk O’ the Isles Presbyterian Church (Savannah, GA) First Presbyterian Church of Pooler (Pooler, GA), and New Covenant Presbyterian Church (Richmond Hill, GA)
- Served Chairman of the Advisory Board for Bethany Christian Services for the State of Georgia, instrumental in founding of Covenant Care Services, and founded Choices of the Heart Crisis Pregnancy Center.
- Served on the General Assembly Committee for Review of Presbyteries (later served as Chairman of that committee)
- Served on the General Assembly Committee on Constitutional Business as its chairman
- Has taken several teams from Trinity Presbyterian Church, Statesboro on short-term missions trips; two to Mexico, one in Costa Rica, one to Ecuador, and five to Peru; in addition he has traveled to Peru as a conference speaker in 2000-2006; and preached at Missions Conferences in Canada, Mississippi, South Carolina and Alabama.
- Initiated an outreach ministry to Hispanics in the Statesboro area
- A Rationale for Evening Worship on the Lord’s Day, published by Independent Presbyterian Church, Savannah, GA.
- Understanding the Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit: The Cessation of Miraculous Sign Gifts, published by the C.E. Committee of Westminster Presbytery, PCA
- Selecting God’s Men, published by the C.E. Committee of Westminster Presbytery, PCA
- Knowing Your Creator, an evangelistic Bible study
- Can Our Churches Grow? A pamphlet on Church Growth from a Reformed Perspective
- Truth That Will Change Your Life, an evangelistic tract
- Before You Get That Tatoo
- Why I Don’t Observe Lent
- Thinking Correctly About Self
- Men and Women in the Church
- What About the Fourth Commandment?
- Modesty: Cover Up
- The Practice of Hospitality
- The Counter productivity of Intellectualism: The Helpless Cry of Perplexity