Trinity Presbyterian Church is committed to the fulfillment of the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ which is found in Matthew 28:18-20:
(18) And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (19) Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, (20) teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
The greatness of the Great Commission is seen in its three-fold emphasis of evangelism/discipleship, baptism/church planting, and teaching/instruction. Our approach to missions has as its primary thrust the support of ministries that are focused on the planting of churches. While evangelistic efforts in and of themselves are worthwhile, they are never an end in and of themselves. The evangelistic efforts of the Apostle Paul were always aimed at the establishment of local churches, into the membership of which those converted to Christ were added by the administration of the sacrament of baptism (Acts 2:41f; Acts 14:23; Titus 1:5).
At present TPC supports church planters within the bounds of our Presbytery and in the countries of Peru, Costa Rica, Albania, England, Germany, Uganda. Within our Presbytery (Savannah River Presbytery) Churches have been planted in Savannah, Wilmington Island, St. Simons Island, Pooler and Richmond Hill.
In addition Pastor Barnes served as the Executive Director of the Christian Missionary Society, and Pastor Beaulieu presently serves on the board of CMS (www.christianmissionarysociety.org), which promotes a church planting ministry in Peru, called the Peru Mission (www.perumission.org). Pastor Barnes has traveled to Peru twenty-four times and has led summer mission teams to Cajamarca and Trujillo. Teams have also traveled to Mexico, Costa Rica and Ecuador.
We are also supporting the efforts of our Presbytery to reach university students with the Gospel throughout the ministry of Reformed University Fellowships (RUF) at Mercer University, Savannah College of Art and Design, and Georgia Southern University.
We have our annual Missions Conference each year in the early spring, usually during the first weekend of March.
Missionaries Supported by Trinity Presbyterian Church
- Rodney Davila, MTW; Church Planting in Costa Rica
- Wes Baker, CMS/Peru Mission; Church Planting in Trujillo, Peru
- Aaron Halbert, MTW; Church Planting in Honduras
- Bill Schweitzer, MTW and the Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales, Church Planting in England
- Tom Courtney, SOLAS; Evangelism Training in Europe
- Alonzo Ramirez, CMS/Peru Mission; Church Planting in rural Peru
- Sebastian Heck, Church Planting in Heidelberg, Germany
- Berti Kona, Church Planting in Albania
- Nick Batzig, Church Planting with Savannah River Presbytery in Richmond Hill, GA
- William Castro, ministering to Hispanic with Calvary Presbytery (PCA) in Greenville, SC
- Soren Korengay; RUF, Savannah College
- Ro Taylor; RUF, Georgia Southern University
- Westminster Theological Seminary in Uganda
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Greenville, SC