- Friday | March 6, 2020 to Sunday | March 8, 2020
- All Day
2020 TPC CONFERENCE SPEAKER
Rev. Dr. David Moran
Dr. Moran is a graduate of Belhaven College in Jackson, MS where he played basketball. He is also a graduate of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Pastor Moran and Pastor Barnes were class mates at Trinity along with a relatively unknown evangelist and apologist, Ravi Zaharias. After graduating from seminary, David engaged in bi-lingual ministry (Spanish and English) in Texas and Florida. He is now the director of CITA: Classe Internacional de Teología Aplicada. The mission of CITA is: “…to equip Christian leaders in Spanish by creating a high-quality seminary curriculum transmitted via internet digital education and by identifying pastor/mentors for student care in local church settings. Rev. Moran and his wife Ann have five grown children.
Jonathan and Chereese Rowe:
Jonathan is the Organizing Pastor for the new mission church in Dublin. Jonathan and Chereese are natives of Laurens County and have lived in the Dublin area most of their lives. Jonathan is a graduate of Georgia Tech and Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta. Jonathan also spent more than a year in Mexico serving on a mission team. Chereese, besides being a mother to Evelyn and Elizabeth, is a Physicians Assistant. Pastor Barnes and John Quattlebaum serve on the Provisional Session for the mission.
Robbie and Lydia Sweet
Robbie and Lydia met while attending Covenant College and married in 2004. After graduating with degrees emphasizing youth ministry, they both joined the youth staff of Lookout Mountain PC. Both Robbie and Lydia have a heart for sharing the gospel with teenagers and love seeing growth in their knowledge and love for Jesus. In 2013 the Lord called the Sweets to serve in St. Andrews, Scotland as part of MTW’s NEXT ministry. NEXT exists to serve the global church in engaging the emerging generation with the gospel. Lydia grew up at TPC.
FRIDAY MARCH 6:
- 6:00 p.m. Opening Program and “Kick-off” Missions Banquet
Cost: $8.00/person, $4.00/child 10 yrs
old and under, or $30.00/family
- 7:30 p.m. service and introduction of missionaries; a missionary shares his/her testimony
- Moran preaching
[program for children 3-5 year olds, and 6-9 year olds with Gunther Griffin]
SATURDAY, MARCH 7:
- 8:00 a.m. Men’s Breakfast $5.00/$4.00 for children 10 and under
- 10:00 a.m. Women’s Brunch $5.00/$4.00 for children 10 and under
[men will return home in time to watch their children during the women’s brunch]
- 6:00 p.m. Prayer meeting for missions
- 6:30 p.m. a missionary shares his/her testimony; Moran preaching [program for children 3-5 year olds, and 6-9 year olds with Gunther Griffin]
SUNDAY, MARCH 8:
9:30 a.m. Education Hour:
- All adult classes meet in the sanctuary,
including the College Class and the Junior/Senior High Classes
- Participants in the Conference will share in some of the Sunday School Classes.
10:45 a.m. Morning Worship Service:
Dr. Moran preaching
5:30 p.m. Evening Worship:
Hear the closing message of Dr. Moran.
~a nursery is provided for all services~